Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Am going to have an exciting midterm break.....

So finally I can breathe my midterm exams are over, for the last two weeks I have been consumed with work. I got my rent paid, I bought my books to study and I got a microwave (so no more stovetop 24 7). So our ski trip was cancelled but were still planning to go on our own ( me and the other international students), its going to be an experience. I don't know if I can make it over the bunny hill but at least I will be able to say I've been skiing.

I went to the shop the other day hoping to spend $50 on grocery to last me the month but when I got to the cashier she was like $71.23 am like ..............ahhhhh......Can I put something back becasue I only have $71.08? I had left the rest of my monies back at the apartment, so she had got some spare change and was like ok your good to go, are you walking with all of these bags?....I said "yes". I had two loaves a bread, 12 rolls, about 16 can goods ( tuna, corn, sardines,cream,etc), a 2 litre bottle of soda, a bag a fries, a bag of chicken strips and a few other goods totaling 36 items. My hands were aching, I had to continuously stop because I was tring to make it down a steep hill, the bags were almost heavier than me. When I got to the apartment door I left the bags outside because my hands were in so much pain.

I also went to a sushi party where we made sushi it was interesting they had crab salad, shimp and raw atlantic salmon for the meats. The rice was cooked and cooled the seaweed wraps were taken out, we had some cooked vegetables, cream cheese, soy sauce and some hot green stuff (I forgot the name). So we made the sushi and I tasted the crab and the shrimp, I wasn't doing the raw salmon......no....no....not me. After the first two my mouth said Anna this is not for you, so I listened. But I still got to make some afterwards it was cool.

Anyways I am curently being buried in my apartment because there is a snow storm outside and school is closed yippy.......Cherrios

No comments:

Post a Comment