Thursday, January 8, 2009

No time to cry.................but making it

Well I am now in Canada but there was alot that I had to do to get here. Its no as bad as I thought it would be, weather wise. Lets just say I came as a visitor to my friend Sara.................. 'right' and your trying to figure out who does she know in Newfoundland. This is why I had no time to cry I was frantic, I just left telling my family and friends 'bye bye bye I gata go before I miss my flight'.

No one from the school was there to pick me up at the St. Johns airport as scheduled. So I caught a taxi 22.50 and no receipt. I got to the apartment off campus and was met by the landlords friend who is watching the house. Luckily he came because he was thinking of leaving the key in the mailbox. What a first impression that would have been for me.

I have no internet, no phone, no tv and no radio but at least I have light, water and heat. I have to walk like 30mins in the cold to school or pay $2.25 to catch a bus to school which I also have to walk to the bus stop approx. 10 -15 mins.

I met two of the buddies that were assigned to me and they assisted me on Tuesday. I had to text my mom to call my phone, then I had to tell her to call them and let them know I was here. Funny I have to text outside of Canada to call Canada. They showed me around a bit and took me to the grocery shop, it is quite expensive. We thought the Bahamas was bad. Margarine is over $3.00 I spent like $42.00 on about 10 items like bread, eggs, juice, apples, cereal and soup, etc. Well I haven't seen my buddies since but am sure they have other things to do.

My roomate Christian arrived, hes from Germany. He seems cool. Did I mention the apartment below where we are actually suppose to be staying was flooded and is now under renovation, so the contractors have up until the original tenants for where we are now upstairs arrive on the Jan 24.

Well anyways hopefully I will have some kind of communication from where am staying shortly and they will soon have me registered so I can get my school email address to pass in assignments online.

I should have brought my bubble gum icecream ................but I do have my grits for breakfast lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment