Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Skiing........Into the Cold

So I went skiing, it was so much fun even though the first two days I took a couple hard falls, but I was told I caught on very fast. I even got to upgrade from the bunny hill to the country road, which I thought I tackled to early in the game for a beginner. The second time around though on the coutry road went smoothly. We drove to the resort and that took us 8hrs from the city of St. Johns to Corner Brook in a rental car. All in all it was an experience I will never forget. I was so excited the camera stayed in my pocket basically the whole trip.....oops.

Its been so busy these few weeks trying to meet with group memebers and getting Access projects out of the way. St. Paddy's Day aka St. Patricks day is coming up and my Irish buddies have already started the festivities. Since there is some Irish background to Newfoundland they also celebrate the event especially in the pubs/bars.

I also had some fries with gravy and chesse they call it poutine here, its good. They also eat fish and chips which is fish and fries thats like their Bamboo Shack.......mmmmmm...Bamboo Shack can't wait to eat some of that.

Well soon time to start packing to leave so far its been an enjoyable experience. But can't wait to get back home. Maybe in the future I will come back and visit the place. Who knows?

1 comment: